These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Journal Articles
- Nott J, Chague-Goff C, Goff J, Sloss CR and Riggs N (2013) Anatomy of sand beach ridges: evidence from severe Tropical Cyclone Yasi and its predecessors, northeast Queensland, Australia. Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface, 118 (3). pp. 1710-1719
- Nott J and Jagger TH (2013) Deriving robust return periods for tropical cyclone inundations from sediments. Geophysical Research Letters, 40 (2). pp. 370-373
- Forsyth AJ, Nott J, Bateman MD and Beaman RJ (2012) Juxtaposed beach ridges and foredunes within a ridge plain - Wonga Beach, northeast Australia. Marine Geology, 307-310. pp. 111-116
- Nott J (2012) Storm tide recurrence intervals – a statistical approach using beach ridge plains in northern Australia. Geographical Research, 50 (4). pp. 368-376
- Nott J and Forsyth AJ (2012) Punctuated global tropical cyclone activity over the past 5,000 years. Geophysical Research Letters, 39 (14). pp. 1-5
- Nott J (2011) A 6000 year tropical cyclone record from Western Australia. Quaternary Science Reviews, 30. pp. 713-722
- Nott J (2011) Tropical cyclones, global climate change and the role of Quaternary studies. Journal of Quaternary Science, 26 (5). pp. 468-473
- Forsyth AJ, Nott J and Bateman MD (2010) Beach ridge plain evidence of a variable late-Holocene tropical cyclone climate, North Queensland, Australia. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 297 (3-4). pp. 707-716
- Nott J (2010) Politicians and geomorphological blunders. Some examples relating to rivers and coasts from Queensland, Australia. Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography, 31 (3). pp. 283-298
- Nott J, Smithers SG, Walsh K and Rhodes d (2009) Sand beach ridges record 6000 year history of extreme tropical cyclone activity in northeastern Australia. Quaternary Science Reviews, 28 (15). pp. 1511-1520
- Flay S and Nott J (2007) Effect of ENSO on Queensland seasonal landfalling tropical cyclone activity. International Journal of Climatology, 27 (10). pp. 1327-1334
- Hawkes AD, Bird MI, Cowie S, Grundy-Warr C, Horton BP, Hwai AT, Law LB, MacGregor CJ, Nott J, Ong JE, Rigg J, Robinson R, Tan-Mullins M, Sa TT, Yasin Z and Aik LW (2007) Sediments deposited by the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami along the Malaysia-Thailand Peninsula. Marine Geology, 242 (1-3). pp. 169-190
ResearchOnline@JCU stores a total of 40 research outputs authored by Prof Jonathan Nott from 2000 onwards.
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Primary or Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Beach Ridge Records of Late-Holocene Tropical Cyclone Behaviour. (PhD, Primary Advisor)
- Investigation of Long-term, High-resolution Records of Extreme Events in the Southern Indian Ocean Using the 180 of Calcite Layers of Long-standing Cave Carbonates (Stalagmites) (PhD, Primary Advisor)
- A Deeper Understanding of Isoscapes in the Tropics (PhD, Co-Advisor)
- Investigating the Impact of an Aging Population in Australian Emergency Management Strategies in Relation to the Projected Future Increase in Natural Hazards Due to Climate Change (PhD, Co-Advisor)
- The Impacts of Cyclones on Turtle Nesting Beaches. (Masters, Co-Advisor)
- The use of Envisat ASAR Global Monitoring Mode data to map rapid broad-scale flood events (2013, PhD, Associate Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)