- Ph.D. in theoretical physics (March, 1996) (JINR, Dubna )
- 1996-2004 worked as a research scientist in Germany, USA and UK
- 2004-2008 Assistant professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, USA
- 2009- 2014 Professor /adjunct/, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, USA
- 2008-2012 Associate Professor, Physics Department, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- 2012-... Associate Professor, James Cook University
- Co-chair of the workshop "Quantum Transport in Nanoscale Molecular Systems", 08/07 - 12/07/2013, Telluride, Colorado, USA
- Co-chair of the workshop "Quantum Transport in Nanoscale Molecular Systems", 01/08 - 05/08/2011, Telluride, Colorado, USA
- Co-chair of the workshop "Nonequilibrium quantum many-particle correlated systems" , 04/10 - 09/10/2010, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Co-chair of the workshop "Quantum Transport in Nanoscale Molecular Systems", 27/07 - 31/07/2009, Telluride, Colorado, USA
- PH1005: Advanced Stream Physics 1 (Level 1; TSV)
- PH1007: Advanced Stream Physics 2 (Level 1; TSV)
- PH2019: Introduction to Electromagnetism Optics and Early Quantum (Level 2; TSV)
- PH3002: Quantum Physics 2 (Level 3; TSV)
- PH3006: Oceanography and Meteorology (Level 3; TSV)
- PH3019: Electromagnetic Phenomena (Level 3; TSV)
- PH5013: Quantum Mechanics 3 (Level 5; TSV)
- My research centers on theoretical and computational chemical physics with applications to material science, nanotechnology, and biology. I develop new conceptual theoretical approaches as well as computer codes for modeling real systems. Some of my research is done in close collaboration with experimentalists. Currently I work on theory of quantum transport.
- Research Disciplines
- Socio-Economic Objectives
- Expanding Knowledge (9701)
Research group: www.hbar-electronics.info
Short Biographical Sketch:
- 2009 to 2012 - Mandat de Professeur de Recherche Francqui, Belgium
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Journal Articles
- Kosov D (2017) Waiting time distribution for electron transport in a molecular junction with electron-vibration interaction. Journal of Chemical Physics, 146. pp. 1-6
- Kosov D (2017) Expectation values of single-particle operators in the random phase approximation ground state. Journal of Chemical Physics, 146. pp. 1-4
- Brown M, Whittingham I and Kosov D (2016) Linear response theory for symmetry improved two particle irreducible effective actions. Physical Review D, 93 (10). pp. 1-13
- Rudge S and Kosov D (2016) Distribution of residence times as a marker to distinguish different pathways for quantum transport. Physical Review E (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics), 94. pp. 1-5
- Rudge S and Kosov D (2016) Distribution of tunnelling times for quantum electron transport. Journal of Chemical Physics, 144 (12).
- Franke J and Kosov D (2015) Chiral selectivity of amino acid adsorption on chiral surfaces — the case of alanine on Pt. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 142 (5). pp. 1-7
- Franke J and Kosov D (2015) Adsorption and ring-opening of lactide on the chiral metal surface Pt(321)S studied by density functional theory. Journal of Chemical Physics, 142 (4). pp. 1-7
- Dzhioev A and Kosov D (2014) Superoperator coupled cluster method for nonequilibrium density matrix. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 48. p. 015004
- Dzhioev A and Kosov D (2014) Nonequilibrium configuration interaction method for transport in correlated quantum systems. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 47 (9). pp. 1-17
- Dolgikh A and Kosov D (2013) Out-of-equilibrium one-dimensional disordered dipole chain. Physical Review E (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics), 88 (1). pp. 1-11
- Dzhioev A, Kosov D and von Oppen F (2013) Out-of-equilibrium catalysis of chemical reactions by electronic tunnel currents. Journal of Chemical Physics, 138 (13). pp. 1-9
- Franke J and Kosov D (2013) Enantioselectivity of (321) chiral noble metal surfaces: a density functional theory study of lactate adsorption. Journal of Chemical Physics, 139 (22). pp. 1-5
ResearchOnline@JCU stores 67+ research outputs authored by A/Prof Daniel Kosov from 1994 onwards.
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Primary or Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Modelling of Radiation Secondary Elecgtron Transport and Damage in Human Tissue. (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Fluid Modeling of Electron Transport in Gas-liquid Interfaces (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Towards Nanodosimetry: Low-Energy Electron Processes and Transport in Biological Tissue (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Thermal Conductivity of Low-dimensional Out-of-equilibrium Quantum Systems: Theoretically Describing Thermal Transport in Semiconductor Nanowires. (PhD, Primary Advisor)
- Quantum Theory of Electromigration of Nano-Scale Electronic Devices (PhD, Primary Advisor)
- Quantum Transport in Nanoelectronic Devices (PhD, Primary Advisor)
- Far from Equilibrium Open Quantum Systems (PhD, Primary Advisor)
- Symmetry Improvement Techniques for Non-perturbative Quantum Field Theory (2017, PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- The modelling of non-equilibrium light lepton transport in gases and liquids (2015, PhD, Secondary Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)