- Indigenous Health
- Diagnosis of renal disease
- Pathology Utilization
- 2014 to 2016 - Senior Lecturer, James Cook University (Townsville)
- 2013 to 2014 - Supervising Scientist Chemical Pathology, Pathology QLD (Townsville)
- 2002 to 2013 - Lecturer, James Cook University (Townsville)
- 1993 to 2002 - Senior Scientist, Townsville Pathology (Townsville)
- 1985 to 1993 - Scientist, Sugerman's Pathology (Sydney)
- Research Disciplines
Donna Rudd lectures in the areas of Clinical Biochemistry, Laboratory Management and Medical Laboratory Science in the College of Public Health, Medical and Veterinary Sciences. She has background in Medical Laboratory Science and has completed a PhD in Physiology and Pharmacology.
Donna has been working in public and private pathology and education roles throughout north Queensland since 1993 and prior to this, worked in Sydney.
Donna's research interests include all things chemical pathology but particularly diagnostics and the translation of biomarkers into clinical practice. Her current projects include development and translation of novel biomarkers for the investigation of renal disease in collaboration with the NICU at TTH, subarachinoid haemorhage and pregnancy dysfunction.
- 2014 - Australian Award for University Teaching -Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Journal Articles
- Kandasamy Y, Hartley L, Rudd D and Smith R (2016) The association between systemic vascular endothelial growth factor and retinopathy of prematurity in premature infants: a systematic review. British Journal of Ophthalmology, 101 (1). pp. 21-24
- Morris J, Bridson T, Alim M, Rush C, Rudd D, Govan B and Ketheesan N (2016) Development of a diet-induced murine model of diabetes featuring cardinal metabolic and pathophysiological abnormalities of type 2 diabetes . Biology Open, 5. pp. 1149-1162
- Kandasamy Y, Watson D and Rudd D (2015) Biomarker of early glomerular injury in pre-eclampsia. Hypertension in Pregnancy, 34 (4). pp. 391-399
- Kraeuter A, Loxton H, Costa Lima B, Rudd D and Sarnyai Z (2015) Ketogenic diet reverses behavioral abnormalities in an acute NMDA receptor hypofunction model of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research, 169. pp. 491-493
- Kandasamy Y, Smith R, Lumbers E and Rudd D (2014) Nephrin: a biomarker of early glomerular injury. Biomarkers Research, 2. pp. 1-12
- Marshman L, Duell R, Rudd D, Johnston R and Faris C (2014) Intraobserver and interobserver agreement in visual inspection for xanthochromia: implications for subarachnoid hemorrhage diagnosis, computed tomography validation studies, and the Walton rule. Neurosurgery, 74 (4). pp. 395-400
- Rudd D and Dobson G (2011) Eight hours of cold static storage with adenosine and lidocaine (Adenocaine) heart presevation solutions: toward therapeutic suspended animation. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 142 (6). pp. 1552-1561
- Rudd D and Dobson G (2011) Early reperfusion with warm, polarizing adenosinelidocaine cardioplegia improves functional recovery after 6 hours of cold static storage. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 141 (4). pp. 1044-1055
- Rudd D and Dobson G (2009) Toward a new cold and warm nondepolarizing, normokalemic arrest paradigm for orthotopic heart transplantation. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 137 (1). pp. 198-207
- Crowe M, O'Conner D and Rudd D (2007) Cold water recovery reduces anaerobic performance. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 28 (12). pp. 994-998
- Voyles J, Berger L, Young S, Speare R, Webb R, Warner J, Rudd D, Campbell R and Skerratt L (2007) Electrolyte depletion and osmotic imbalance in amphibians with chytridiomycosis. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, 77 (2). pp. 113-118
- Other research outputs
- Marshman L, Duell R, Rudd D, Johnston R and Farris C (2014) In reply: intraobserver and interobserver agreement in visual inspection for xanthochromia: implications for subarachnoid hemorrhage diagnosis, computed tomography validation studies, and the walton rule: methodological mistake. Neurosurgery Quarterly, 74 (6). pp. E702-E703
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- The safety and efficacy of nitrate N supplementation to Bos indicus cattle (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Non-invasive assessment of renal parenchymal development in the fetus (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- An Investigation in Pre-Analytical Error in a Medium Sized Pathology Laboratory: Frequency, Origin, Type and a Proposed Intervention (2016, Masters, Secondary Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)
Connect with me
My research areas
Similar to me
A/Prof Ellen ArielCollege of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Dr Theophilus EmetoCollege of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Prof Jon GolledgeCollege of Medicine & Dentistry
Dr Joseph MoxonCollege of Medicine & Dentistry
A/Prof Catherine RushCollege of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences