- Added arXiv.org as an external identifier.
- Added Impactstory as an external identifier.
- Added ability for admins to switch users.
- Added Centre embed views for researchers (see https://jcu.me/embed/centre/tropwater and similar URLs).
- Added Publons as an external identifier.
- All Disciplines can now embed listings for researchers or use Collaboration maps, embedded or otherwise.
- Show Disciplines on the College listing page.
- Added Microsoft Academic as external identifier.
- Documentation is now at https://docs.jcu.me.
- Added College embed views for researchers (see https://jcu.me/embed/college/2210 and similar URLs). These embed views use the new JCU Web Framework.
- Added SSRN as external identifier.
- Link researcher campus names to the interactive map when profiles have no location listed.
- Move documentation over to being fully web-based. You can still download a PDF using the left-hand Read the Docs menu.
- Add hCard semantic markup to profile pages.
- Add SlideShare as a new External ID.
- Use new GRS advisor accreditation levels.
- Sort researchers on collaboration maps by highest collaborations, alphabetically by surname, then adjunct status.
- Display FoR and SEO codes on profile pages.
- Support capturing images from smartphone cameras on upload of profile photos.
- Add ability to download vCard (.vcf) files from profiles.
- Adjust terminology for new organisational structure. Some page URLs will now reflect this change ("school" to "college", primarily).
- Add Wikipedia as an external identifier.
- Institutes are now linked to their collaboration maps.
- Provide Centres with collaboration maps.
- Show Centres collaboration map links on the main listing.
- Add embed view for collaboration maps for use on other web pages.
- Fixed access for ResearchPortfolioOfficer role holders.
- Collaboration embed views now use new JCU designs.
- Updated all External ID icons.
- Reword associations on current funding.
- Fix all broken JCU links from CMS migration.
- Change JCU maps so they use secure (HTTPS) webpages. This is a work in progress as we work with central ICT to improve serving of content.
- Ensure profile affiliation is shown in web search results.
- Fix issue with loading datasets with Unicode characters.
- General performance improvements.
- Change most external ID URLs to HTTPS (secure).
- Fix bug that was miscounting the number of regional collaborations on a profile.
- Hide supervision link in Contact me card if researcher isn't supervising anyone.
- Fix vCards for profiles without first names.
- Remove superfluous links from group listing page headers.
- Remove extra comma showing on profiles associated with a Division only.
- Support cropping and uploading profile images from smartphone or smaller-screen devices.
- Improve appearance of buttons on profiles.
- Ensure vCards work for users that have never modified their profiles.
- Fix issue with incorrect scale shown for profile images.
- Allow multiple identifiers for all non-researcher-specific identifiers. This now allows multiple websites, blogs, social media, and Wikipedia identifiers to be specified.
- Similar to me results will now no longer show hidden profiles as links, since some profiles will be hidden indefinitely. Changing a profile from hidden to public (and vice versa) may take 1 hour to update across all profiles on the site.
- Performance improvements.
Add ability to reorder External Identifiers.
Add ability for researchers to configure whether to display or hide their Title on individual pages and in listings.
Add Altmetrics support to publication listings and publication overlays. Altmetrics are those funky colourful round donuts that you can see on profile pages.
Add Mendeley as another Find me on... option.
Link Centre names on profiles to the relevant centre websites.
Add new collaboration view for Schools and Facultites. Check out an example.
Add new Institutes page to display groupings.
Add More description under Publications on profile pages to highlight other content available.
Added ability for School and Faculty users to access and modify profiles by way of an Organisation Role. Uses with the Research Portfolio Officer role will now automatically have access to all research portfolio pages within the given School or Faculty.
Roles can be configured by way of StaffOnline. Contact your role administrator for more information.
Link Join my research team up to the GRS Make an Equiry page.
Add Access view for profiles to enable easy inspection of ACL rights.
- Add icons into External identifiers on profile editing pages.
- Change fields page from experts to fields.
- Improve home page, fields and keywords pages.
- Optimise the font size on word cloud pages. This better portrays the size of fields and research areas.
- Improve application performance in case of external services being offline.
- Update teaching roles database link.
- Minor style improvement to image styling in popups.
- Fix popup positioning for collaboration maps.
- Fix several collaboration map bugs (panning and zooming).
- Improve performance for profile listings, search, and individual pages.
- Improve peformance on pages with many images.
- Update links for publications to point to http://researchonline.jcu.edu.au rather than http://eprints.jcu.edu.au.
- Fix issue with Unicode characters being entered in contact forms.
- Improve search ordering and relevancy.
- Change to new GRS Make an Enquiry page.
- Resolve access issues for Research Portfolio Officers in non-academic organisational units.
- Clarify wording regarding publication storage.
- Resolve caching issues with Centres and Schools pages.
- Minor wording change on Funding description.
- Change wording of 'Supervisor' to 'Advisor', in line with other re-branding.
- Restore bold button for biography editor toolbar.
- Allow ORCID iDs to be entered if the final check digit is an X.
- Fix display issue for profiles without an associated Faculty.
- New visual editor for editing researcher biographies. The appearance of some buttons has been greatly improved, and removed the need for popup windows.
- Fix continuous scrolling issue with Collaboration map.
- Performance improvements on listing pages.
- Clarify wording of supervision listings to show that data is related to JCU only at present.
- Improve loading of collaboration maps; maps no longer scroll when loaded.
- Upgrade web mapping library used to Leaflet v0.6.
- Minor display improvement to profile images for drop-shadow.
- Update the heading styles for Portfolio pages. This improves the display for pages with long school, faculty, and centre memberships.
- Improve 'Share' tooltip to handle longer names. Previously, longer names would cause the jcu.me URL to overrun the end of the tooltip.
- Fix issue with autocomplete searching for non-ASCII characters.
- Ensure jcu.me EID pages are displayed for past researchers.
- Prepare to show Unicode characters for researcher names.
- Ensured update script successfully operate automatically on a weekly basis.
- Improved the cache clear update messages for administrative control panel.
- Allow accessing https://jcu.me addresses for security.
- Have you met? profile now changes at midnight each day.
- Improve performance by ensuring caching takes place correctly.
- Improve performance on jcu.me URLs with browser caching.
- Clarify top-level button for changing name and salutation.
- Return all results for supervisor searches.
- Allow query string to be passed via jcu.me redirects.
- Add general FAQ information page.
- Add administrator information for external funding on profiles.
- New form widget for capturing External identifier information for profiles. This widget provides helpful examples and a test button for testing your identifier is correct.
- Add new Latest Updates listing for showing even more profiles.
- Add new Schools display page to list researchers by school or faculty.
- 'Upload new image' and 'Crop' buttons on photo upload form only enable after they're needed.
- Added a What's new? page for displaying latest changes. (A little meta, isn't it?)
- Added a link to Support for logged in users to access to the user manual, FAQs, and other helpful answers.
- Add ability for users to specify a start and end year on their Honours. Honours will be grouped by type, then in reverse chronological order by end year and start year respectively.
- Honour start and end years are now searchable.
- Show all available tabs and data sections to users if they can edit a profile. This demonstrates the potential information they can have and who to contact if something is believed to be missing.
- Add ability to view a profile as a site visitor. Click the new 'See as public' button on the right-hand side of a profile page.
- Add management overview for optimising profiles.
- Add management view for regenerating homepage collage.
- Improve display on small screens, such as mobile phones and other devices.
- Fix display of scroll bars on profile listings in Safari and older versions of Internet Explorer.
- Fix overlapping display of profile image in Safari.
- Fix incorrect handling of empty external identifiers when saved. A 'required' message is now provided.
- Increase maximum zoom level of collaboration maps and add notable global lakes.
- Improve capture and validation of external identities for users. Users may find they need to correct their external IDs when next editing their profile.
- SEO improvement for Find a Supervisor functionality.
- Fix collaboration maps loading for logged in users. Previously, users may have encountered security error messages.
- Improve image handling on upload.
- Improve quality of uploaded images displayed on profiles.
- Minor performance improvements.
- Improve collaboration maps on mobile devices with smaller screens.
- Correctly group Interests for researchers on profile pages.
- Automatically fill out the feedback form with personal details if user is logged in with an account.
- Display user's real name in log out link.
- Show Collaboration tab for logged in researchers to explain the background of the data.
- Remove <h1> tags as styling options within profile biographies.
- Remove Honours subjects from teaching listings and remove all postgraduate subjects in order to clean up spurious subjects.
- Separate multiple phone numbers into separate telephone links.
- Improve page display on older versions of Internet Explorer. Consider updating your browser if you use IE 8: http://getfirefox.com
- Change 'Groups' page to 'Centres' for clarity.
- Handle issue with Internet Explorer not accepting progressive JPEG images on upload.
- Fix issue with experience not being publicly displayed. Thanks to Hannah Cameron for picking this up.
- Fix issue with teaching subjects not being publicly displayed.
- Search forms now allow searching on topics and supervisor. Just add the keyword Supervisor to your search to find just researchers that are also supervisors.
- Hidden profiles are now denoted as such when they are accessed. Previously, hidden profiles displayed a 'not found' message.
- Add extra save and cancel buttons to the top of the of the 'Edit profile' view for convenience.
- External identifiers can now be re-ordered on profiles using the drag-and-drop controls on Profile edit pages.
- Make profile save and cancel buttons more obvious.
- Display message if trying to enter more than 1 of any type of external identifier.
- Display message if trying to save profile data longer than the given limits.
- Fix spelling of 'Supervision Accreditation'. Thanks to Dr Robert Crowther for pointing this out.
- Clean up and clarify the upload photo form and buttons.
- Ensure the "incorrect aspect ratio" message about uploaded photos is displayed appropriately.
- Support uploading of many more image file formats. .png or .jpg are still recommended, but .bmp, .gif and several other uncommon formats are now also supported as an original upload.
- Optimise serving of application favicon.
- Hide the phone numbers heading for people without a recorded number.
- Force Internet Explorer to use the latest rendering engine, even if compatibility mode is on. Previously, IE (even version 10) was using IE 7 rendering mode.
- Initial internal release.