These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Journal Articles
- Katsikitis M, Jones C, Muscat M and Crawford K (2014) Knowing you, knowing me (KYKM): an interactive game to address positive mother-daughter communication and relationships. Frontiers in Psychology, 5. pp. 1-6
- Conference Papers
- Eagle L, Dahl S, Muscat M and Low D (2013) Not quite playing the game? Mobile applications for healthier lifestyles. Proceedings of the World Marketing Congress. In: 16th Biennial World Marketing Congress: looking forward, looking back: drawing on the past to shape the future of marketing, 17-20 July 2013, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Current Funding
Current and recent Research Funding to JCU is shown by funding source and project.
Lowitja Institute - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health CRC
Pathways to resilience: The role of cultural connectedness for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adolescents
- Indicative Funding
- $89,813 over 2 years
- Resilience, the capacity to negotiate and shape environments in which people can respond to life?s challenges in healthy meaningful ways, is key to flourishing in life. But there is an absence of evidence about how pathways to resilience are navigated by culturally diverse populations. With a specific focus on the cultural determinants, this research will explain how pathways to resilience are negotiated by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adolescents to sustain their health and wellbeing.
- Roxanne Bainbridge, Janya McCalman, Komla Tsey, Yvonne Cadet-James, Catherine Brown and Melody Muscat in collaboration with Mark Wenitong (Cairns Institute, College of Arts, Society & Education, Aust Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Centre, College of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences and Apunipima Cape York Health Council)
- Indigenous Australians; Resilience; Adolescents; Wellbeing