- Cognitive and development psychology, child and adolescent mental health, the influence of culture on mental illness, and childhood psychiatric and neurodevelopmental disorders.
- 2012 to 2013 - Senior Psychologist, National University Hospital (Singapore)
- 2009 to 2012 - Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Curtin University (Australia)
Pek Ru has a Bachelor of Science (Honours)(Psychology) and a PhD (Psychology) from Curtin University, Western Australia. Her PhD work investigated the cognitive and motor profiles of children with ADHD and DCD. She has extensive experience in cognitive testing in children with neurodevelopmental disorders, particularly ADHD. She has worked as a psychologist and a research fellow before joining JCU Singapore.
Pek Ru is a registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and is a member of the Singapore Psychological Society. As a practising psychologist in Singapore and Australia, Pek Ru had clinical experience working with adults with psychosis; children and adolescents with mental health and neurodevelopmental disorders. Between 2009 and 2012, Pek Ru was a research fellow at Curtin University working on an Indigenous mental health project, examining cultural influence on the diagnosis of ADHD. She was also a team investigator on the National Health and Medical Research Counsel Capacity Building Grant (Australia) during that period. Beside research and clinical experience, Pek Ru had supervised psychology undergraduate students for research projects. She had also done peer review for a number of international psychology journals.
- 1999 - Golden Key International Honour Society Australia
- 2007 - Completion Scholarship Curtin University, Australia
- 2003 to 2007 - International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
- 2013 - Full member Singapore Psychological Society
- 2008 - Full member Australian Psychological Society
- 2011 - Registered Psychologist Psychology Board of Australia Australian Health Practitioners Registration Association
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Other research outputs
- Goulardins J, Rigoli D, Loh P, Kane R, Licari M, Hands B, Oliveira J and Piek J (in press) The relationship between motor skills, social problems, and ADHD symptomatology: does it vary according to parent and teacher report? Journal of Attention Disorders,
- Loh P, Piek J and Barrett N (2011) Comorbid ADHD and DCD: examining cognitive functions using the WISC-IV. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 32 (4). pp. 1260-1269
- Loh P, Piek J and Barrett N (2009) The use of the Developmental Coordination Disorder Questionnaire in Australian children. Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly, 26 (1). pp. 38-53
- Loh P, Hayden G, Vicary D, Mancini V, Martin N and Piek J (2016) Australian Aboriginal perspectives of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 50 (4). pp. 309-310
- Loh P, Seah D and Meng J (2012) Using the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire as a screening tool for psychopatholoy in a sample of Singaporean children. Posters from the 20th International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions World Congress. In: IACAPAP 2012: 20th International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions World Congress, 21-25 July 2012, Paris, France
- Loh P (2011) ADHD: an Australian Aboriginal perspective. Presentations from the 17th Biennial Australasian Human Development Association Conference. 4-6 July 2011, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Loh P, Piek J and Barrett N (2011) ADHD and DCD comorbidity: the associated problems. Posters from the 10th Developmental Coordination Disorder Conference. In: DCD 10: 10th Developmental Coordination Disorder Conference, December 2011, Perth, Australia
- Harrison C, Wiltshire M, Vicary D, Loh P and Wynaden D (2008) Designing mental health service delivery in partnership with Aboriginal people. [Presented at the Psychology and Indigenous Australians Conference]. In: Psychology and Indigenous Australians: teaching, practice and theory, 14-15 July 2008, Adelaide, SA, Australia
- Loh P, Piek J and Barrett N (2007) The use of the Developmental Coordination Disorder Questionnaire in Australian children . Posters from the 8th Motor Control and Human Skills Conference. 2007, Perth, WA, Australia
- Loh P, Piek J and Barrett N (2007) Error corrections in children with ADHD and DCD. Posters from the 7th Developmental Coordination Disorder Conference. In: DCD 7: 7th Developmental Coordination Disorder Conference, 2007, Melbourne, Australia
- Loh P, Piek J and Barrett N (2005) Motor dysfunctions in ADHD and DCD: an examination of the error correction mechanisms. Posters from the 6th Developmental Coordination Disorder Conference. In: DCD 6: 6th Developmental Coordination Disorder Conference, 2005, Trieste, Italy
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)
Connect with me
- Find me on…