- BM5002: Professional Placement 2 (Level 5; TSV)
- PH1005: Advanced Stream Physics 1 (Level 1; TSV)
- PH1007: Advanced Stream Physics 2 (Level 1; TSV)
- PH2002: Classical Mechanics and Quantum Physics 1 (Level 2; TSV)
- PH2240: Atomic and Nuclear Physics (Level 2; TSV)
- PH3008: Statistical Mechanics and Transport (Level 3; TSV)
- PH5010: Directed Study (Level 5; TSV)
- PH5020: Special Study A (Level 5; TSV)
- PH5021: Special Study B (Level 5; TSV)
- PH5022: Special Study C (Level 5; TSV)
- SC1101: Science: Nature, Knowledge and Understanding (Level 1; TSV)
- Charge transport in organic materials for application in organic opto-electronics and organic solar cells.
- Modelling of Positron Emission Tomography
- Modelling radiation damage from ionizing radiation
- Low-temperature plasma discharge modelling and plasma accelerators
- Swarm physics
- NIR spectroscopy for food quality and security
Ron White is Node Director and Chief Investigator in the ARC Centre of Excellence for Antimatter-Matter Studies (CAMS). He is Theme 3 Leader within CAMS focussed on the application of positrons in biology and medicine.
More broadly Ron White's group is focussed on the modelling and simulation of non-equilibrium transport processes of charged particles in gases, soft-condensed and disordered materials.
Ron is also a member of the Rapid Assessment Joint Venture between JCU and DAAF (formerly Department of Primary Industries) focussed on the non-invasive assessment of food qualilty and security.
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Other research outputs
- Blanco F, Roldán A, Krupa K, McEachran R, White R, Marjanović S, Petrović Z, Brunger M, Machacek J, Buckman S, Sullivan J, Chiari L, Limão-Vieira P and Garcia G (2016) Scattering data for modelling positron tracks in gaseous and liquid water. Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 49 (14). pp. 1-10
- Boyle G, McEachran R, Cocks D, Brunger M, Buckman S, Dujko S and White R (2016) Ab initio electon scattering cross-sections and transport in liquid xenon. Journal of Physics D: applied physics, 49 (35). pp. 1-9
- Philippa B, White R and Pivrikas A (2016) A route to high gain photodetectors through suppressed recombination in disordered films. Applied Physics Letters, 109 (15). pp. 1-4
- Stokes P, Philippa B, Cocks D and White R (2016) Solution of a generalized Boltzmann's equation for nonequilibrium charged-particle transport via localized and delocalized states. Physical Review E (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics), 93.
- Boyle G, Tattersall W, Cocks D, Dujiko S and White R (2015) Kinetic theory of positron-impact ionization in gases. Physical Review A (Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics), 91 (5). pp. 1-13
- Boyle G, McEachran R, Cocks D and White R (2015) Electron scattering and transport in liquid argon. Journal of Chemical Physics, 142 (15). pp. 1-12
- Do T, Duque H, Lopes M, Konovalov D, White R, Brunger M and Jones D (2015) Differential cross sections for electron-impact vibrational-excitation of tetrahydrofuran at intermediate impact energies. Journal of Chemical Physics, 142. pp. 1-7
- Dujko S, Bošnjaković D, White R and Petrović Z (2015) Heating mechanisms for electron swarms in radio-frequency electric and magnetic fields. Plasma Sources Science and Technology, 24 (5). pp. 1-13
- Duque H, Do T, Lopes M, Konovalov D, White R, Brunger M and Jones B (2015) The role of electron-impact vibrational excitation in electron transport through gaseous tetrahydrofuran. Journal of Chemical Physics, 142. pp. 1-7
- Makabe T and White R (2015) Expression for momentum-transfer scattering in inelastic collisions in electron transport in a collisional plasma. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 48 (48). pp. 1-4
- Marjanović S, Banković A, White R, Buckman S, Garcia G, Melović G, Dujko S and Petrović Z (2015) Chemistry induced during the thermalization and transport of positrons and secondary electrons in gases and liquids. Plasma Sources Science and Technology, 24 (2). pp. 1-7
- Philippa B, Vijila C, White R, Sonar P, Burn P, Meredith P and Pivrikas A (2015) Time-independent charge carrier mobility in a model polymer: fullerene organic solar cell. Organic Electronics, 16. pp. 205-211
ResearchOnline@JCU stores 135+ research outputs authored by Prof Ron White from 2000 onwards.
- Current Funding
Current and recent Research Funding to JCU is shown by funding source and project.
Australian Research Council - Discovery - Projects
Positron Nano-Dosimetry: Fundamental Measurements of Positron Interactions and their use in State-of-the-Art Modelling of Positron Transport
- Indicative Funding
- $161,667 over 3 years (administered by ANU)
- This proposal will provide unique experimental and theoretical information on how positrons - the electron antiparticle - interact with matter, in particular with biologically important molecules. This data will be used in a unique set of modelling approaches which will provide, for the first time, an insight into how positrons are transported through gases, liquids and ultimately, soft matter. It will thus have important ramifications for diagnostic tools such as Positron Emission Tomography. The fundamental research will also shed light on one of the key 'mysteries' of life - why the biological building blocks of life possess a definite "handedness", or chirality.
- Stephen Buckman, Michael Brunger and Ron White in collaboration with Gustavo Garcia and Zoran Petrovic (Australian National University, Flinders University, College of Science & Engineering, Spanish National Research Council and Univerzitet u Beogradu)
- Positron; Positron Emission Tomography; Monte Carlo Modelling
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Primary or Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Spatial and Temporal Water Quality Changes During a Large Scale Dredging Operation (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Data Mining Algorithms for Optimising Analysis of Spectroscopic Data from on-line NIR Mill Systems: Improving System Calibrations for Quality Measures. (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Towards Nanodosimetry: Low-Energy Electron Processes and Transport in Biological Tissue (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- The Non-invasive Assessment of Avocado Maturity and Quality (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Fluid Modeling of Electron Transport in Gas-liquid Interfaces (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Modelling of Radiation Secondary Elecgtron Transport and Damage in Human Tissue. (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- An Extensive Investigation of the Ir92 Flexisource, TG186 Report and Collapsed Cone Convolution/Superposition Algorithm for Use Brachytherapy. (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Anomalous Transport in Organic and Soft Condensed Matter (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Monte-Carlo Modelling of Charge Transport in Heterogeneous Organic Semiconductors (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Distribution of waiting times for individual electron tunnelling events in nanoscale quantum transport (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Thermal Conductivity of Low-dimensional Out-of-equilibrium Quantum Systems: Theoretically Describing Thermal Transport in Semiconductor Nanowires. (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Quantum Theory of Electromigration of Nano-Scale Electronic Devices (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Charge transport in organic solar cells (2015, PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Synthesis and characterization of plasma polymer thin films from γ-terpinene for encapsulation of electronic devices (2015, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Quasi-analytical modelling of advective-diffusive transport in porous media (2015, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Dark matter relic abundance in non-standard cosmological scenarios (2015, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Investigations into plasma deposited linalyl acetate thin films for applications in organic electronics (2013, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Local feature analysis using higher-order Riesz transforms (2016, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Biomechanical analysis of hammer throwing: assessment of speed development (2014, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- The modelling of non-equilibrium light lepton transport in gases and liquids (2015, PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Turbidity and light attenuation in coastal waters of the Great Barrier Reef (2016, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)