These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Journal Articles
- Kinchin I, Jacups S, Hunter G and Rogerson B (2016) Economic evaluation of 'Return to Country': a remote Australian initiative to address indigenous homelessness. Evaluation and Program Planning, 56. pp. 69-75
- Kurucz N, Jacups S and Carter J (2016) Determining Culex annulirostris larval densities and control efforts across a coastal wetland, Northern Territory, Australia. Journal of Vector Ecology, 41 (2). pp. 271-278
- McCalman J, Bainbridge R, Russo S, Rutherford K, Tsey K, Wenitong M, Shakeshaft A, Doran C and Jacups S (2016) Psycho-social resilience, vulnerability and suicide prevention: impact evaluation of a mentoring approach to modify suicide risk for remote Indigenous Australian students at boarding school. BMC Public Health, 16 (98). pp. 1-12
- Rogerson B, Jacups S and Caltabiano N (2016) Cannabis use, dependence and withdrawal in indigenous male inmates. Journal of Substance Use, 21 (1). pp. 65-71
- Jacups S, Carter J, Kurucz N, McDonnell J and Whelan P (2015) Determining meteorological drivers of salt marsh mosquito peaks in tropical northern Australia. Journal of Vector Ecology, 40 (2). pp. 277-281
- Jacups S and Rogerson B (2015) Lifetime influences for cannabis cessation in male incarcerated Indigenous Australians. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 47 (2). pp. 117-124
- Jainullabudeen T, Lively A, Singleton M, Shakeshaft A, Tsey K, McCalman J, Doran C and Jacups S (2015) The impact of a community-based risky drinking intervention (Beat da Binge) on Indigenous young people. BMC Public Health, 15. pp. 1-7
- Kinchin I, Jacups S, Tsey K and Lines K (2015) An empowerment intervention for Indigenous communities: an outcome assessment. BMC Psychology, 3 (29). pp. 1-5
- Long S, Jacups S and Ritchie S (2015) Lethal ovitrap deployment for Aedes aegypti control: potential implications for non-target organisms. Journal of Vector Ecology, 40 (1). pp. 139-145
- Rogerson B and Jacups S (2015) "Stressing out": defining severity of cannabis withdrawal symptoms in Australian indigenous inmates. Journal of Substance Use,
- Jacups S, Paton C and Ritchie S (2014) Residual and pretreatment application of Starycide Insect Growth Regulator (triflumuron) to control Aedes aegypti in containers. Pest Management Science, 70 (4). pp. 572-575
- Jacups S, Ball T, Paton C, Johnson P and Ritchie S (2013) Operational use of household bleach to "crash and release" Aedes aegypti prior to Wolbachia-infected mosquito release. Journal of Medical Entomology, 50 (2). pp. 344-351
ResearchOnline@JCU stores 23+ research outputs authored by Dr Susan Jacups from 2003 onwards.
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Primary or Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Science Fiction as Social Reality exploring the relationship between culture and disposable media in the English language from the 1930s to the present. (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- The biodegradable lethal ovitrap as a control method for dengue in Cairns, North Queensland with a focus on post four week deployment (2013, Masters, Associate Advisor)
- Bouncers, brutes and brawn: are bouncers being discriminated against in news reports? a critical discourse analysis (2015, PhD, Secondary Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)
My research areas
Similar to me
Dr Paul HorwoodAustralian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
A/Prof Wayne MelroseCollege of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Prof Scott RitchieCollege of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Dr Tamara BuhagiarCollege of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences
Mr Brian JohnsonCollege of Public Health, Medical & Vet Sciences