- Ecology, biodiversity and conservation of coral reefs and marine ecosystems
- Biodiversity and function of mesophotic coral ecosystems
- Depth-diversity patterns
- Climate change refugia and range shifts
- Application of 3D imaging to marine ecology, particularly AUVs
- Research Disciplines
I am a Research Fellow studying depth-related patterns in coral reef biodiversity and structural complexity. My research uses new technologies to investigate biodiversity of mesophotic coral reef ecosystems, the ecological relationship between deep reefs and their shallow-water counterparts, and their potential to act as refugia for corals and associated species from stressors associated with climate change and other human impacts.
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Journal Articles
- Beaman R, Bridge T, Lüter C, Reitner J and Wörheide G (2016) Spatial patterns in the distribution of benthic assemblages across a large depth gradient in the Coral Sea, Australia. Marine Biodiversity, 46 (4). pp. 795-808
- Bridge T, Luiz O, Coleman R, Kane C and Kosaki R (2016) Ecological and morphological traits predict depth-generalist fishes on coral reefs. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series B, Biological Sciences, 283 (1823). pp. 1-9
- Bridge T, Grech A and Pressey R (2016) Factors influencing incidental representation of previously unknown conservation features in marine protected areas. Conservation Biology, 30 (1). pp. 154-165
- Ferrari R, Bryson M, Bridge T, Hustache J, Williams S, Byrne M and Figueira W (2016) Quantifying the response of structural complexity and community composition to environmental change in marine communities. Global Change Biology, 22 (5). pp. 1965-1975
- Scheffers B, De Meester L, Bridge T, Hoffmann A, Pandolfi J, Corlett R, Butchart S, Pearce-Kelly P, Kovacs K, Dudgeon D, Pacifici M, Rondinini C, Foden W, Martin T, Mora C, Bickford D and Watson J (2016) The broad footprint of climate change from genes to biomes to people. Science, 354 (6313). pp. 1-13
- Ainsworth T, Krause L, Bridge T, Torda G, Raina J, Zakrzewski M, Gates R, Padilla-Gamino J, Spalding H, Smith C, Woolsey E, Bourne D, Bongaerts P, Hoegh-Guldberg O and Leggat B (2015) The coral core microbiome identifies rare bacterial taxa as ubiquitous endosymbionts. ISME Journal: multidisciplinary journal of microbial ecology, 9. pp. 2261-2274
- Muir P, Wallace C, Bridge T and Bongaerts P (2015) Diverse staghorn coral fauna on the mesophotic reefs of North-East Australia. PLoS ONE, 10 (2). pp. 1-17
- Przeslawski R, Alvarez B, Kool J, Bridge T, Caley M and Nichol S (2015) Implications of sponge biodiversity patterns for the management of a marine reserve in Northern Australia. PLoS ONE, 10. pp. 1-20
- Roberts T, Moloney J, Sweatman H and Bridge T (2015) Benthic community composition on submerged reefs in the central Great Barrier Reef. Coral Reefs, 34 (2). pp. 569-580
- Thomas C, Bridge T, Figueiredo J, Deleersnijder E and Hanert E (2015) Connectivity between submerged and near-sea-surface coral reefs: can submerged reef populations act as refuges? Diversity and Distributions, 21 (10). pp. 1254-1266
- Bridge T, Ferrari R, Bryson M, Hovey R, Figueira W, Williams S, Pizarro O, Harborne A and Byrne M (2014) Variable responses of benthic communities to anomalously warm sea temperatures on a high-latitude coral reef. PLoS ONE, 9 (11). pp. 1-20
- Pontasch S, Scott A, Hill R, Bridge T, Fisher P and Davy S (2014) Symbiodinium diversity in the sea anemone Entacmaea quadricolor on the east Australian coast. Coral Reefs, 33 (2). pp. 537-542
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Primary or Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Determinants of depth-gradients in the distribution, movement, Resource use and body condition of coral-feeding butterflyfishes (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Coral Depth Zonation: Its Nature and Significance. (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Biogeographic Analysis to Guide Better Marine Management: A Case Study of the Great Barrier Reef (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)
Connect with me
My research areas
Similar to me
Prof Geoff JonesCollege of Science & Engineering
Dr Andrew HoeyARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
Prof Andrew BairdARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
Prof Morgan PratchettARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
Dr Nick GrahamARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies