A/Prof Will Edwards ~ Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching; Assoicate Professor
College of Science & Engineering
- BZ2001: Quantitative Methods in Science (Level 2; CNS & TSV)
- BZ3001: Field Studies in the Equatorial Tropics: Borneo (Level 3; TSV)
- BZ3225: Field Ecology (Level 3; CNS)
- BZ3230: Ecological Research Methods (Level 3; CNS)
- BZ5001: Quantitative Methods in Science (Level 5; CNS & TSV)
- BZ5225: Field Ecology (Level 5; CNS)
- BZ5230: Ecological Research Methods (Level 5; CNS)
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Other research outputs
- Alamgir M, Campbell M, Turton S, Pert P, Edwards W and Laurance W (2016) Degraded tropical rain forests possess valuable carbon storage opportunities in a complex, forested landscape. Scientific Reports, 6. pp. 1-10
- Apgaua D, Tng D, Cernusak L, Cheesman A, Santos R, Edwards W and Laurance S (in press) Plant functional groups within a tropical forest exhibit different wood functional anatomy. Functional Ecology,
- Katovai E, Sirikolo M, Srinivasan U, Edwards W and Laurance W (2016) Factors influencing tree diversity and compositional change across logged forests in the Solomon Islands. Forest Ecology and Management, 372. pp. 53-63
- Kemp D, Thomson F, Edwards W and Iturbe-Ormaetxe I (in press) Incomplete offspring sex bias in Australian populations of the butterfly Eurema hecabe. Heredity, pp. 1-9
- Baker L, Edwards W and Pike D (2015) Sea turtle rehabilitation success increases with body size and differs among species. Endangered Species Research, 29 (1). pp. 13-21
- Campbell M, Edwards W, Odell E, Mohandass D and Laurance W (2015) Can lianas assist rainforest restoration? Tropical Conservation Science, 8 (1). pp. 257-273
- Costion C, Edwards W, Ford A, Metcalfe D, Cross H, Harrington M, Richardson J, Hilbert D, Lowe A and Crayn D (2015) Using phylogenetic diversity to identify ancient rain forest refugia and diversification zones in a biodiversity hotspot. Diversity and Distributions, 21 (3). pp. 1-11
- Edwards W, Moles A and Chong C (2015) Generalised extreme value distributions provide a natural hypothesis for the shape of seed mass distributions. PLoS ONE, 10 (4). pp. 1-9
- Katovai E, Katovai D, Edwards W and Laurance W (2015) Forest structure, plant diversity and local endemism in a highly varied New Guinea landscape. Tropical Conservation Science, 8 (2). pp. 284-300
- Katovai E, Edwards W and Laurance W (2015) Dynamics of logging in Solomon Islands: the need for restoration and conservation alternatives. Tropical Conservation Science, 8 (3). pp. 718-731
- Pardo Vargas L, Laurance W, Clements G and Edwards W (2015) The impacts of oil palm agriculture on Colombia's biodiversity: what we know and still need to know. Tropical Conservation Science, 8 (3). pp. 828-845
- Venter M, Venter O, Edwards W and Bird M (2015) Validating community-led forest biomass assessments . PLoS ONE, 10 (6). pp. 1-16
ResearchOnline@JCU stores 59+ research outputs authored by A/Prof Will Edwards from 2001 onwards.
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Primary or Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Diversity and Habitat use of Mid-Large Sized Mammals Across Oil Palm Landscapes in the Plains of Colombia. (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Seabird Foraging Ecology and Sub-surface Predator Reliance in Tropical and Sub-tropical Waters. (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Evaluation of hunting Sustainablility and the Potential Role of Protected Areas in YUS: Implications for Conservation. (PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Biogeography of Bats in the Australian Wet Tropics: Current Distribution and Response to Future Climate Change. (PhD , Associate Advisor)
- Examining Spatio-temporal Patterns of Seed Dispersal by a Terrestrial Non-obligate Frugivore (PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Biology, Ecology and Management of the Coconut Pest, The Coconut Inflorescence Borer Synechodes papuana Heppner (Lepidoptera: Brachodidae) in Madang province, Papua New Guinea. (2016, PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Habitat, Population Structure and the Conservation Status of Araucaria bidwillii in the Australian Wet Tropics (2016, Masters , Secondary Advisor)
- The vulnerability of flightless ground beetles (Carabidae) to climate change in the Australian tropical rainforest (2014, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- The Ecological Response of Lianas to Habitat Fragmentation of the Tropical Rainforest. (2016, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Critical foraging locations and oceanographic relationships for Great Barrier Reef breeding seabirds (2016, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Recruitment and dispersal limitations in a chronosequence of secondary forests in tropical Australia (2016, PhD , Secondary Advisor)
- Microhabitat utilisation and the spatial distribution of rainforest canopy invertebrate communities (2012, PhD , Primary Advisor)
- The Effects of Changing Climates on Seed Production and Seed Viability on Tropical Plant Species (2017, PhD , Primary Advisor)
- Regeneration and Recovery Dynamics of Logged Forests in the Solomon Islands (2017, PhD , Associate Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)