- Research Disciplines
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Other research outputs
- Ahmed R (2016) The impact of changing assessment: does it make a difference to students' grade performance? Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 20 (1). pp. 1-9
- Ahmed R (2015) Progress in management accounting research and Zimmerman's conjectures (2001): where are we now? Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Journal, 10 (1). pp. 83-105
- Ahmed R (2015) The role of prior warning on test performance: how effective it is to improve students' grades? Universal Journal of Educational Research, 3 (9). pp. 632-639
- Rahman K and Ahmed R (2014) Globalization of Malaysian economy: with special focus on the role of growth enclaves. International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research, 2 (7). pp. 274-287
- Khan M, Ahmed R and Halabi A (2010) The roles of degree of competition and types of business strategies in adopting multiple performance measurement practices: some reflections from Bangladesh. In: Research in Accounting in Emerging Economies. Emerald, Bingley, UK, pp. 201-232
- Ahmed R (2015) Determinants of capital structure: some Australian service sector evidence. Proceedings of World Business, Finance and Management Conference: New Zealand 2015. 14-15 December 2015, Auckland, New Zealand
- Ahmed R (2015) Capital structure and profitability in the Australian service-sector firms: a panel data analysis. Proceedings of World Business, Finance and Management Conference: New Zealand 2015. 14-15 December 2015, Auckland, New Zealand
- Ahmed R (2015) Cost shifting strategy, organizational competitiveness and survival: an empirical investigation. Proceedings of the Allied Academies Internet Conference. In: Allied Academies International Internet Conference, 20-24 July, 2015,
- Ahmed R (2014) Making test information available before an exam: does it make a difference to students' test performance? Proceedings of 29th International Business Research Conference. 24-25 November 2014, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Ahmed R (2014) Conjectures regarding management accounting research: a rejoinder. Proceedings of 29th International Business Research Conference. 24-25 November 2014, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Ahmed R, Leggett C and Rahman K (2013) A Theoretical Model to Solve Cost Shifting Problem. Proceedings of the 9th Asia Pacific Management Accounting Association Conference. In: APMAA 2013: 9th Asia Pacific Management Accounting Association Conference, 1-4 November 2013, Nagoya, Japan
- Khan H and Ahmed R (2009) Competition, business strategy and the adoption of multiple performance measurement system: some evidence from Bangladesh. Proceedings of the 2009 AFAANZ Conference. 5-7 July 2009, Adelaide, SA, Australia
ResearchOnline@JCU stores 27+ research outputs authored by Dr Rafiuddin Ahmed from 2003 onwards.
- Current Funding
Current and recent Research Funding to JCU is shown by funding source and project.
Bupa Health Foundation - Grant Program
Telemedicine: New Horizon in Management of Diabetic Foot Ulcer in Rural/Remote Australia
- Indicative Funding
- $465,514 over 4 years
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) is a serious complication causing >80% of diabetic lower limb amputations. Compared to Australian major cities, rural/remote areas experience two to three times higher rate of hospitalisation and limb amputation. A program that effectively manages foot ulcers and reduces hospital admissions could substantially reduce the cost of care in diabetes. Supervised care of trained rural nurses with the help of information technology may help solve the scarcity of diabetes would care specialists in the underserved communities. This proposal seeks to assess clinical and economic impact of telemedicine in the management of foot ulcers in rural/remote Australia.
- Usman Malabu, Venkat Vangaveti, Kunwarjit Sangla, Holger Jansen and Rafiuddin Ahmed in collaboration with John Piette, Amy Langely and Yogesan Kanagasingham
(College of Medicine & Dentistry, Townsville General Hospital, College of Business, Law & Governance,
and Australian e-Health Research Centre)
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer; Wound Healing; Diabetes; Tele Medicine