- BU1007: Business Data Analysis and Interpretation (Level 1; TSV)
- BU1807: Business Data Analysis and Interpretation (Level 1; TSV)
- BU4062: Current Issues in Business Research (Level 4; CNS & TSV)
- BX2123: Economics and Sustainable Resource Management (Level 2; TSV)
- BX3122: Data Collection, Analysis and Interpretation in Economics (Level 3; TSV)
- EC5213: Financial Econometrics (Level 5; TSV)
- EC5216: Data Collection, Analysis and Interpretation in Economics (Level 5; TSV)
- EC5600: Independent Study (Level 5; TSV)
These are the most recent publications associated with this author. To see a detailed profile of all publications stored at JCU, visit ResearchOnline@JCU. Hover over Altmetrics badges to see social impact.
- Journal Articles
- Beg A and Anwar S (2014) Detecting volatility persistence in GARCH models in the presence of the leverage effect. Quantitative Finance, 14 (12). pp. 2205-2213
- Farr M, Stoeckl N and Beg R (2014) The non-consumptive (tourism) 'value' of marine species in the Northern section of the Great Barrier Reef. Marine Policy, 43. pp. 89-103
- Gu X, Zhou Z and Beg A (2014) What determines China's trade balance dynamics: a disaggregate analysis of panel data. Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, 19 (2). pp. 353-368
- Kabir H, Beg R and Mollah N (2014) Interrelationships among three South Asian GDP: a cointegration approach. Interrnational Journal of Statistics and Economics, 13 (1). pp. 70-78
- Karmokar P, Shitan M and Beg A (2013) Long-run relationship of the HYV Boro rice yields in the northern region of Bangladesh. Journal of Food, Agriculture and Environment, 11 (1). pp. 441-444
- Parjiono P, Beg A and Monypenny R (2013) The driving forces of the level and the growth rate of real per capita income in Indonesia. Applied Economics, 45 (17). pp. 2389-2400
- Prideaux M and Beg A (2013) Factors affecting occupational choice in Papua New Guinea. Business Review, Cambridge, 21 (1). pp. 119-126
- Beg A and Anwar S (2012) Sources of volatility persistence: a case study of the U.K. pound/U.S. dollar exchange rate returns. North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 23 (2). pp. 165-184
- Farr M, Stoeckl N and Beg R (2011) The efficiency of the Environmental Management Charge in the Cairns management area of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 55 (3). pp. 322-341
- Hoque M, Skerratt L, Rahman M, Beg A and Debnath N (2011) A descriptive study of the health of ducklings on smallholdings, Hatia Island, Bangladesh. Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 20 (3). pp. 335-346
- Hoque M, Skerratt L, Rahman M, Alim M, Grace D, Gummow B, Beg A and Debnath N (2011) Monitoring the health and production of household Jinding ducks on Hatia Island of Bangladesh. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 43 (2). pp. 431-440
- Karmokar P, Shitan M and Beg A (2011) Multicointegration analysis on the high yielding Boro rice of six selected districts in Bangladesh. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 6 (19). pp. 4654-4660
ResearchOnline@JCU stores 22+ research outputs authored by Dr Rabiul Beg from 2001 onwards.
- Current Funding
Current and recent Research Funding to JCU is shown by funding source and project.
The Pratt Foundation - Contract Research
The Effect of Australian Business Expansion into Asia on Australian Domestic Employment
- Indicative Funding
- In recent years, Australian businesses have expanded their operations into Asia for a variety of reasons which may include: growth, broader market, cost of production, distribution opportunities, diversification of the business and to manage employment in terms of skills and costs. Conventional wisdom is to think that when an Australian company establishes, expands or integrates its operations off shore, it reduces employment in Australia and increases employment in Asia. The purpose of their study is to explore the impact of Australian businesses expansion into Asia on domestic employment through first hand data analysis to provide empirical evidence for the impact.
- Hong-Bo Liu, Rabiul Beg, Sizhong Sun, Zhang-Yue Zhou and Abhishek Bhati (College of Business, Law & Governance and JCUS - Academic)
- Impact; Australian Domestic Employment; Australian Business; Expansion into Asia
Advisory Accreditation: I can be on your Advisory Panel as a Primary or Secondary Advisor.
These Higher Degree Research projects are either current or by students who have completed their studies within the past 5 years at JCU. Linked titles show theses available within ResearchOnline@JCU.
- Nexus of Public Private Partnerships and Institutions: Evidence from Developing Countries (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Impacts of Microfinance on Poverty Alleviation in Vietnam (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- From communitarian to individualistic behavior of Ecuadorian Indigenous communities to achieve welfare and economic development based on both the social preference model (SPM) and the utility maximization model (UMM). (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- The Determinants of Malaysia's Halal Export to China: Aggregate and Disaggregate Analyses (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- The impact of climate change on developing countries energy system: A model based approach (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Testing and modelling financial asset returns and volatility spillovers - Theory and Applications (PhD, Primary Advisor)
- The Impacts of Foreign Direct Investment, Trade Liberalisation and Firm Heterogeneity on Local Wage Gap in Vietnam (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- The Impact of Financial Market Developments on Growth and the Effectiveness of Fiscal Policy (PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Innovation in Australian regional small businesses: does its adoption and adaption promote the evolution of innovative capabilities? (2015, PhD, Secondary Advisor)
- Determinants of China's trade balance (2013, PhD, Secondary Advisor)
The map shows research collaborations by institution from the past 7 years.
Note: Map points are indicative of the countries or states that institutions are associated with.
- 5+ collaborations
- 4 collaborations
- 3 collaborations
- 2 collaborations
- 1 collaboration
- Indicates the Tropics (Torrid Zone)